How do you Coach Simple so your players can Play Fast? Triggers are the answer to your problem.
Triggers are a stimulus, or event, that happens on the field that tell your player to initiate a response, or reaction. For every action on the field, there is a reaction by your player. (but this is not physics and we do not want the response to be equal!)
In this episode of The Football Coaching Podcast, we’ll be looking at triggers for every offensive and defensive position. Plus, how you can use triggers to simplify your teaching and get your players to react faster.
- Jerry Campbell has an excellent collection of manuals at https://www.jcfb.com/
- Video on setting up the timing of your Run Plays: https://youtu.be/CnEXaE2GXMA
- Curl Pass Concept including Trigger Reads: https://youtu.be/4LzPFyQ8clc
- Ron McKie’s The Pin and Pull RPO eBook gives an in-depth look at using triggers to coach a single play that will always be the right call.
- Rex Ryan’s Coaching the 46 Defense book has an excellent chapter on Defensive Line triggers.
- The Pistol Power Offense System teaches our Triggers for the passing game and the run game:http://pistolpoweroffense.com