Quarters Coverage is the perfect fit for your 4-3 Defense. But you can’t let Pattern Matching slow your defense down.
Quarters Coverage can mean a lot of things to a lot of different coaches. Cover 4? 2-Read? Palms? Hey who knows… but here’s how we do Quarters Coverage as of now, in 2019.
A lot has changed over the last 12 years since I started running Quarters Coverage. It’s a pattern match coverage that requires you to have some pretty good Safeties. But if you’ve got the horses, and the time to teach it… this is a great way to coach a winning football defense!
Check out the episode for an in-depth look at updating Quarters Coverage for the 2020 Season.
- Get the 4-3 Defense Video Series here: http://joedanielfootball.com/43videos
- Learn the Umbrella Principle, the most important concept I’ve learned for defense
- Fritz Shurmur’s Coaching Team Defense at https://amzn.to/2Z0DEmf, for which I wrote the foreword.
- My interview with Shap Boyd, author of Quarters Coverage Made Simple from several years back is at https://joedanielfootball.com/shapboyd/.
- The original Quarters Coverage Made Simple that I learned the 4-3 Defense Quarters Coverage system from is at https://coacheschoice.com/quarters-coverage-made-simple/
- Sign up for your Free MaxOne Demo